Posts tagged with: A. Catherine Noon
By A. Catherine Noon On Dec 9 2013, 11:01 am
As the Midwest hunkers down for our first storm, I’m reminded of all the things I love about snow. I’m not a huge fan of the cold, but I love me the white stuff! I hope it’s a White Christmas, too. Here, then, in no particular order, are Noony’s Top Ten Reasons To Love Snow:
- If it’s snowing, it can’t be a gabillion degrees below zero. If it gets too cold, the air is too dry to hold the snow and it can’t snow. So snow means warmer. Woot!
- My dog loves to frolic in the snow. Frolicking is fun when you have four feet.
- Snow balls. ‘Nuff said.
- You come inside all out of breath and damp from sweating and it’s warm, even if it’s not the warmest house on the block.
- People like to make stuff like hot cocoa and mulled cider in this weather. Yum!
- I’m a knitter. Which would suck, if I lived in Bora Bora. But I don’t, so yay! Sweater weather! And hats! Scarves! Mittens! Purses! Afghans! Pillows! You get the idea. I’m in it to knit it.
- When it’s snowing outside, you don’t look like such an asocial freakazoid for wanting to stay in and write. ~grin~
- Snow is pretty. I especially love when it’s snowed more than a foot and nothing is moving, except the periodic plop from a tree branch of falling snow.
- At night, the snow sparkles in the streetlights like diamonds strewn on the sidewalk.
- Snow cushions your fall. Ask me how I know this.
What do you love about snow? Tell me in the comments, I’d love to know!
By A. Catherine Noon On Dec 2 2013, 8:54 am
And so it starts. Thanksgiving and Halloween are over, and the Superbowl is coming. (Hah. Bet you thought I’d say something else, huh?) So here we are, on the second day of December, the twelfth month of the thirteenth year of the second millenium of the current era. As the year winds to a close [...]
By A. Catherine Noon On Nov 11 2013, 7:54 am
It’s November, and you know what that means! NANOWRIMO! For those of you who haven’t heard of this phenomenon, November is National Novel Writing Month – though it really could be called INTERnational Novel Writing Month since my city, Chicago, is competing in a word war with cities from all over the world – including [...]
By A. Catherine Noon On Sep 11 2013, 10:53 am
Do you have a smart phone with a camera? Many people do these days, and it’s a lot of fun to wander and snap shots of things with our devices. They say a picture’s worth a thousand words and sometimes, on the internet, it might be worth even more. Here’s what I’ve found to be [...]
By A. Catherine Noon On Sep 5 2013, 8:44 am
Three things came to my household this August: galley edits for TIGER TIGER, I left my day job, and we moved. The galley edits are the most fun of the three. For those of you new to the term, it means the final review of the book before it goes to print. We are fortunate [...]
Connect With Samhain: